Microsoft OneNote 2010
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor –Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will create, edit, organize, and enhance notes and also integrate them with other applications using Microsoft OneNote 2010.
Target Student: This course is designed for users who take notes and use automated tools to organize and manage the notes.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. One of the following courses are recommended, or you should have equivalent knowledge of: Windows XP Professional: Level 1, Windows XP Professional: Level 2, Windows 7: Level 1.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the Microsoft OneNote 2010 interface and create a simple notebook.
- Create notes using Microsoft OneNote 2010.
- Organize content and search for information in a Microsoft OneNote 2010 notebook.
- Integrate OneNote 2010 with other applications.
- Use OneNote 2010 to share notes with other people.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with OneNote 2010
- Explore the OneNote Interface
- Create a Notebook
- Customize the OneNote Interface
Lesson 2: Creating Notes
- Enter Note
- Create Template-Based Notes
- Format Notes
- Draw Shapes
- Embed Content
Lesson 3: Organizing and Working with OneNote
- Organize Notes
- Add Tags
- Search Notes
- Save and Print Notes
Lesson 4: Integrating OneNote with Other Applications
- Customize the OneNote View
- Use Outlook with OneNote
- Use OneNote with Other Office Applications
- Publish Notes Pages
Lesson 5: Collaborating and Working with Notes
- Share Notebooks on a Network Location
- Work with Shared Notebooks