Microsoft Outlook 2010 – Advanced
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will work with the advanced features of Outlook.
Target Student: This course is intended for persons with an intermediate understanding of Outlook who need to use Outlook to personalize and organize their email, manage Outlook data files, share and link contacts, archive items, create forms, and work offline and remotely.
Prerequisites: This course assumes that you are proficient with Windows to manage information on your computer and that you have an intermediate knowledge of Outlook. The following CompuTrain courses (or equivalent knowledge) are required:
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2010: Introduction
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2010: Intermediate
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Personalize their email.
- Organize Outlook items.
- Manage Outlook data files.
- Work with contacts.
- Save and archive email messages.
- Create a custom form.
- Work offline and remotely.
Lesson 1: Personalizing Your Email
- Apply Stationery and Themes
- Create a Custom Theme
- Create a Signature
- Modify Signatures
- Configure Email Message Security Settings
Lesson 2: Organizing Outlook Items
- Group Items
- Create Search Folders
- Apply Conditional Formatting
Lesson 3: Managing Outlook Data Files
- Back Up Outlook Items in Outlook Data Files
- Add Outlook Data Files to a Mail Profile
- Change Data File Settings
Lesson 4: Managing Contacts and Contact Information
- Forward Contacts
- Edit an Electronic Business Card
- Export Contacts
- Perform a Mail Merge
- Link Items to the Business Contact Manager
Lesson 5: Saving and Archiving Email
- Save Messages in Alternate Formats
- Archive Messages
- Protect Archives and Other Personal Folders
Lesson 6: Creating a Custom Outlook Form
- Customize a Form
- Create Outlook Items Based on a Custom Form
Lesson 7: Working Offline and Remotely
- Make Folders Available Offline
- Configure Remote Procedure Calls over HTTP
- Download Selected Messages
- Publish Calendar Information to Office Online