Microsoft Outlook 2016/365 – Intermediate
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Back to class dates and registration.
Download a PDF of the course outline.
Course Objective: You will customize the Outlook environment, calendar, and mail messages, and will also track, share, assign, and quickly locate various Outlook items.
Target Student: This course is designed for experienced Outlook users who need to customize their Outlook environment, calendar, and email messages and who wish to track, share, assign, and locate various Outlook items.
Prerequisites: Prospective students should be familiar with using personal computers (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable with the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Before taking this course, it is recommended that students take the following Element K courses or possess equivalent knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook 2016: Introduction.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of the Outlook environment.
- Customize the Calendar by setting various Calendar options.
- Customize message options.
- Track work activities using the Journal.
- Assign and track tasks.
- Share folder information.
- Customize the Outlook environment.
- Locate Outlook items.
- Work with public folders.
Lesson 1: Setting Calendar Options
- Set Work Days and Times
- Display an Additional Time Zone
- Set Availability Options
Lesson 2: Customizing Message Options
- Modify Message Settings
- Modify Delivery Options
- Change the Message Format
- Notify Others That You will be Out of the Office
- Create a Distribution List
- Insert a Hyperlink
Lesson 3: Tracking Work Activities Using the Journal
- Automatically Record a Journal Entry
- Manually Record a Journal Entry
- Modify a Journal Entry
Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
- Assign a Task
- Reply to a Task Request
- Send a Task Update
- Track Assigned Tasks
Lesson 5: Sharing Folder Information
- Specify Folder Permissions
- Delegate Access to Folders
- Access Another User’s Folder
- Send Calendar Information in an Email Message
Lesson 6: Customizing the Outlook Environment
- Customize the Toolbar
- Create a New Toolbar
- Customize the Menu Bar
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customize the To-Do Bar
- Create a Folder Home Page
Lesson 7: Locating Outlook Items
- Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
- Find Messages
- Find Outlook Items Using Multiple Criteria
- Filter Messages
- Organize Messages
- Manage Junk Email
Lesson 8: Working with Public Folders
- Create a Public Folder
- Add Users to a Public Folder
- Post Information in a Public Folder
- Send an Email Message to a Public Folder