Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 – Advanced
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will enhance your presentation by using features that will transform it into a powerful means of communication. You will customize the PowerPoint interface to suit your requirements and use features to create dynamic and visually appealing presentations. You will then finalize a presentation and secure it to authenticate its validity.
Target Student: This course is designed for professionals who will use Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 to prepare presentations and be more productive in their work.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend that you first take one of CompuTrain’s introductory courses, such as Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2010 : Introduction, or have equivalent knowledge and skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Customize the PowerPoint environment.
- Customize a design template.
- Add SmartArt graphics to a presentation.
- Add special effects to a presentation.
- Customize a slide show.
- Collaborate on a presentation.
- Secure and distribute a presentation.
Lesson 1: Customizing the PowerPoint Environment
- Customize the PowerPoint Interface
- Set Options for Working with PowerPoint
Lesson 2: Customizing a Design Template
- Set Up a Slide Master
- Create Custom Slide Layouts
- Add Headers and Footers
- Modify the Notes Master
- Modify the Handout Master
Lesson 3: Adding SmartArt Graphics to a Presentation
- Insert SmartArt Graphics
- Modify SmartArt Graphics
Lesson 4: Adding Special Effects to a Presentation
- Add Multimedia Elements
- Customize Slide Component Animations
Lesson 5: Customizing a Slide Show
- Set Up a Custom Slide Show
- Annotate a Presentation
- Create a Presenter-Independent Slide Show
- Set Up a Slide Show to Repeat Automatically
Lesson 6: Collaborating on a Presentation
- Review a Presentation
- Publish Slides to a Slide Library
- Restrict Access to a Shared Presentation
- Share a Presentation Using PowerPoint Web App
Lesson 7: Securing and Distributing a Presentation
- Broadcast a Presentation
- Convert a Presentation into a Video
- Package a Presentation
- Publish a Presentation to Other File Formats
- Secure a Presentation