Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016
Site Collection Administrator (SCA)
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor-Led and In-Person
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: Upon successful completion of this course, existing SharePoint site owners will be able to take on administrative responsibility for implementing and managing many site collection features. This includes basic site customization based on business requirements, as well as activation and configuration of site collection-level SharePoint features. Students will NOT be performing back-end SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server installation, deployment, or server management, or extensive SharePoint site design.
Target Student: This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site collection administrators who will create and manage a group of SharePoint sites, add features at the site collection level, manage workflows, and implement records management features.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, the following CompuTrain course or equivalent knowledge is recommended:
- Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2013 – Site Administrator (Owner)Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Create and configure a site collection.
Administer site quotas, auditing, and backup.
Configure the top-level site, including tag clouds, RSS viewers, and document sets.
Configure site collection metadata.
Manage archiving and compliance features.
Create and test a workflow.
- Configure search options.
Lesson 1: Creating & Configuring a Site Collection
- Create a Site Collection
- Set Quotas
- Configure Audit Options
- Back Up Your Site Collection
Lesson 2: Configuring the Top-Level Site
- Add a Cloud Tag Webpart
- Add an RSS Feed to Your Site
- Topic C: Enable Email Connectivity for a Library
- Topic D: Create and Configure Document Sets
Lesson 3: Configuring Site Collection Metadata
- Create a New Content Type
- Add Columns to Content Types
- Add a Custom Content Type to a List
Lesson 4: Managing Archiving and Compliance
- Configure Site Polices
- Configure In-Place Records Management
- Configure Information Management Policies
Configure Content Organizer Rules
Lesson 5: Creating and Testing a Workflow
- Plan a Workflow
- Create and Publish a Workflow
- Test Your Workflow
Lesson 6: Configuring Search
- Configure Search Options
- Search for Content and Set Alerts
Appendix A: Microsoft Office SharePoint 2013 Exam 77-425