Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013
Course Length: 2 Days
Course Format: Instructor –Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overview: Microsoft® SharePoint® Designer 2013 provides a code-free environment to access data types and build custom SharePoint applications. It allows rapid development of SharePoint workflows to meet a company’s specific needs. Before SharePoint Designer, most custom SharePoint applications were created with Microsoft® Visual Basic®. SharePoint Designer simplifies the process with a no-code interface that can be integrated with Microsoft® Visio® 2013 to easily manipulate workflow shapes. In this course, you will create and publish custom SharePoint workflows without code using SharePoint Designer 2013.
Target Student: This course is designed for advanced Microsoft SharePoint site owners and administrators who want to integrate data sources, customize content types, and automate common tasks using workflows.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should be a site owner and/or administrator of Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010, or 2013. You should have experience with designing and maintaining a SharePoint site. The Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2013: Site Administrator course is helpful, but not required. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following CompuTrain course:
- Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2013: Introduction
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe SharePoint Designer 2013 and its features, benefits, and support options.
- Customize and configure content types to ensure data consistency across lists and libraries.
- Access and modify data sources from a SharePoint site.
- Create a workflow with SharePoint Designer 2013 and the SharePoint 2013 Workflow platform.
- Develop workflows in Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013.
- Package and deploy workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with SharePoint Designer 2013
- Introduction to SharePoint Designer
- Get Help and Support for SharePoint Designer
Lesson 2: Customizing and Implementing Content Types
- Customize Content Types
- Implement Custom Content Types
Lesson 3: Integrating Data Sources Using SharePoint Designer
- Access Data Sources
- Modify a Data Source in Data View
Lesson 4: Creating Workflows with the Workflow Platform
- Implement the Workflow Platform
- Design a Workflow
Lesson 5: Creating Workflows with SharePoint Designer and Visio
- Design Workflows with Visio 2013
- Transfer a Visio Workflow Design to SharePoint Designer
- Publish a Visio Workflow Design Using SharePoint Designer
Lesson 6: Packaging and Deploying Workflows
- Package Workflows
- Deploy Workflow Packages