Microsoft Visio 2010 – Advanced
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will create custom elements and a custom template, represent external data as a drawing, and share your work with others.
Target Student: This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of the basic workflow and the concept of end-to-end flowcharting.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, it is recommended that you take the following CompuTrain course:
- Microsoft® Visio® 2010: Introduction
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a custom shape.
- Design a custom stencil.
- Design styles and templates.
- Design a floor plan.
- Represent external data in Visio.
- Share your work.
Lesson 1: Creating a Custom Shape
- Draw Basic Shapes
- Enhance Basic Shapes
Lesson 2: Designing a Custom Stencil
- Create a Custom Stencil
- Customize a Stencil Master
Lesson 3: Designing Styles and Templates
- Define a New Style
- Create a Template
Lesson 4: Designing a Floor Plan
- Create an Office Layout
- Work with Layers
Lesson 5: Representing External Data in Visio
- Generate a PivotDiagram
- Create an Organization Chart from External Data
- Import Project Plan Data into Visio
- Link to a Database
- Import Excel Data
Lesson 6: Sharing Your Drawings
- Link a Visio Drawing to Other Applications
- Convert a Visio Drawing to Other File Formats
- Print a Visio Drawing