Microsoft Visio 2010 – Introduction
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will design and manage basic diagrams, workflow, and flowcharts.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who have an understanding of the basic workflow and the concept of end-to-end flowcharting.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and mange files and folders.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Become familiar with the Visio interface and create a basic Visio document.
- Create a route map by using Visio features to work with shapes and text.
- Modify, format, and arrange shapes to enhance a basic diagram.
- Create process diagrams.
- Represent an organization hierarchy as a Visio diagram.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio 2010
- Explore the Visio Interface
- Customize the Visio Interface
- Create a New Diagram
Lesson 2: Creating a Route Map
- Add Shapes to a Diagram
- Manipulate Shapes
- Add Text
- Format Text
- Change the Stacking Order
Lesson 3: Modifying Diagram Shapes
- Manage Shapes
- Format Shapes
Lesson 4: Creating Process Diagrams
- Create a Flowchart
- Apply Page Styles
- Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Create a Workflow Diagram
Lesson 5: Representing an Organization Hierarchy
- Create an Organization Chart
- Modify an Organization Chart