Microsoft Windows 7 – Introduction
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Description: This course is the first in a series of two Microsoft® Windows® 7 courses. This course will provide you with the basic skills needed to get started with personal computers and work with the various features, tools, and options available in the Windows 7 operating system. In this course, you will familiarize yourself with the Windows 7 environment, customize Windows 7, and manage folders and files. You will also work with simple tools and browse the Internet using Internet Explorer 8.
Course Objective: You will log on to Windows 7, explore its interface, identify the different components in the interface, customize the Windows 7 desktop, manage files and folders, use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7, and browse the Internet.
Target Student: This course is designed for any worker, business professional or private individual who needs knowledge in operating systems and file management skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Log on to Windows 7, explore its interface, and identify the different components present in the interface.
- Customize the Windows 7 desktop.
- Manage files and folders.
- Use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7.
- Browse the Internet.
Lesson 1: Exploring Windows 7
- Identify Personal Computer Functionality
- Log On to Windows 7
- Explore the Desktop
- Work with Windows
- Access the Help and Support Feature
- Turn Off the Personal Computer
Lesson 2: Customizing the Windows 7 Desktop
- Customize the Start Menu
- Customize the Taskbar
- Personalize the Desktop
- Add Gadgets to the Desktop
Lesson 3: Managing Folders and Files
- Navigate to Folders Using Windows Explorer
- Work with Folders and Files
- Secure Folders and Files
- Organize Folders and Files
- Search for Folders and Files
Lesson 4: Using Common Tools and Programs in Windows 7
- Create a Document in WordPad
- Work with the Calculator
- Capture Screens Using the Snipping Tool
- Customize a Graphic with the Paint Tool
Lesson 5: Browsing the Internet
- Get Familiar with the Internet
- Browse Websites Using Internet Explorer 8
- Download and Install a Gadget