Microsoft Windows 7 – New Features
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Description: You are familiar with the Microsoft® Windows XP operating system. Every version of Windows includes new features and enhancements to improve on previous releases. Windows 7 is the latest release in the Microsoft® Windows operating system family. In this course, you will use the new features in Windows 7 to improve your workflow efficiency and business productivity.
Course Objective: You will use the new features in Windows 7 to streamline your workflow efficiency and business productivity.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who are familiar with and comfortable working in Windows XP and wants to upgrade to the new and enhanced features of Windows 7. This course is not for students who are first-time Windows users.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the new and enhanced features on the Windows 7 desktop.
- Manage files and folders.
- Work with the new and improved programs in Windows 7.
- Secure the computer using the enhanced and new features in Windows 7.
Lesson 1: Exploring the New Features on the Windows 7 Desktop
- Log on to Windows 7
- Explore the Desktop Context Menu Options
- Explore the Windows 7 Taskbar
Lesson 2: Working with Enhanced Files and Folders Management
- Examine Enhancements in Windows Explorer
- Work with Libraries
- Work with Windows
- Share Files and Folders
Lesson 3: Working with the New and Enhanced Programs in Windows 7
- Work with New Accessories
- Work with the Enhanced Accessories
- Browse the Internet Using Internet Explorer 8
- Use the Windows Media Center
- Set Up and Manage Removable Devices
Lesson 4: Securing the Computer Using Enhanced and New Features
- Apply Security Settings
- Troubleshoot Problems