Using Microsoft Windows 10
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Description: Whether you’re new to computers or have used them in the past, this class will help you become more comfortable using a personal computer and, more specifically, the Windows 10 interface. This course will familiarize you with the Windows 10 user interface and its basic capabilities. In this course, you will explore Windows 10 and learn how to create documents, send email, browse the Internet, and share information between applications and with other users.
Course Objective: This course is intended for computer users who want to use the tools and features of Windows 10. Previous exposure to personal computers, desktop applications, and the Internet is needed.
Target Student: This course is designed for any worker, business professional or private individual who needs knowledge in the most current operating systems and file management skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Access Windows 10.
- Use Windows apps and desktop applications to complete day-to-day tasks, including installing new apps and multitasking with multiple programs.
- Work with files and folders by using File Explorer and OneDrive.
- Use Cortana as your virtual personal assistant and use Edge for web browsing.
- Install and remove printers and peripheral devices.
- Use Windows 10 security features to create more secure passwords and protect your device against common attacks.
Lesson 1: Accessing Windows 10
- Get Started with Windows 10
- Navigate the Windows 10 Desktop
- Use the Start Menu
Lesson 2: Working with Apps and Desktop Applications
- Use Desktop Applications
- Use Windows Universal Applications
- Multitask with Open Apps
- Install Apps from Windows Store
Lesson 3: Working with Files and Folders
- Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer
- Store and Share Files with OneDrive
Lesson 4: Using Cortana and Edge
- Get to Know Cortana
- Use Cortana as a Personal Assistant
- Browse the Web with Edge
Lesson 5: Customizing the Windows 10 Environment
- Customize the Start Menu
- Use the Desktop and Lock Screen
Lesson 6: Installing and Removing Devices
- Manage Printers
- Manage Peripheral Devices
Lesson 7: Using Windows 10 Security Features Tools
- Manage Passwords and Privacy Levels
- Use Windows Defender