Microsoft Word 2010 – Advanced
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will create, manage, revise, and distribute documents.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who want to gain skills necessary to manage lengthy documents, collaborate with others, and secure documents.
Prerequisites: Students should be able to use Microsoft® Office Word 2010 to create, edit, format, save, and print business documents that contain text, tables, and graphics. Students should also be able to use a web browser and an email program. In order to understand how Word interacts with other applications in the Microsoft Office System, students should have a basic understanding of how worksheets and presentations work. To ensure your success, you need to first take the following CompuTrain courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Introduction
- Microsoft® Office Word 2010: Intermediate
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use Word with other programs.
- Collaborate on documents.
- Manage document versions.
- Add reference marks and notes.
- Simplify the use of long documents.
- Secure a document.
- Create forms
Lesson 1: Using Microsoft Office Word 2010 with Other Programs
- Link a Word Document to an Excel Worksheet
- Send a Document Outline to Microsoft® Office PowerPoint®
- Send a Document as an Email Message
Lesson 2: Collaborating on Documents
- Modify User Information
- Send a Document for Review
- Review a Document
- Compare Document Changes
- Merge Document Changes
- Review Track Changes and Comments
- Coauthor a Document
Lesson 3: Managing Document Versions
- Create a New Document Version
- Compare Document Versions
- Merge Document Versions
Lesson 4: Adding Reference Marks and Notes
- Insert Bookmarks
- Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Add Captions
- Add Hyperlinks
- Add Cross-References
- Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Simplifying the Use of Long Documents
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Figures
- Insert a Table of Authorities
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Create a Master Document
Lesson 6: Securing a Document
- Hide Text
- Remove Personal Information from a Document
- Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Add a Digital Signature to a Document
- Set a Password for a Document
- Restrict Document Access
Lesson 7: Creating Forms
- Add Form Fields to a Document
- Protect a Form
- Automate a Form