Microsoft Excel 2010 – Advanced
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will automate some common Excel tasks, apply advanced analysis techniques to more complex data sets, troubleshoot errors, collaborate on worksheets, and share Excel data with other applications.
Target Student: This course was designed for students desiring to gain the skills necessary to create macros, collaborate with others, audit and analyze worksheet data, incorporate multiple data sources, and import and export data.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend that you first take the following CompuTrain courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Introduction
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Intermediate
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Enhance productivity and efficiency by streamlining the workflow.
- Collaborate with other workbook users.
- Audit worksheets.
- Analyze data.
- Work with multiple workbooks.
- Import and export data.
- Integrate Excel data with the web.
- Structure workbooks with XML.
Lesson 1: Streamlining Workflow
- Update Workbook Properties
- Create a Macro
- Edit a Macro
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Add Data Validation Criteria
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Other Users
- Protect Files
- Share a Workbook
- Set Revision Tracking
- Review Tracked Revisions
- Merge Workbooks
- Administer Digital Signatures
- Restrict Document Access
Lesson 3: Auditing Worksheets
- Trace Cells
- Troubleshoot Invalid Data and Formula Errors
- Watch and Evaluate Formulas
- Create a Data List Outline
Lesson 4: Analyzing Data
- Create a Trendline
- Create Sparklines
- Create Scenarios
- Perform a What-If Analysis
- Perform a Statistical Analysis with the Analysis ToolPak
Lesson 5: Working with Multiple Workbooks
- Create a Workspace
- Consolidate Data
- Link Cells in Different Workbooks
- Edit Links
Lesson 6: Importing and Exporting Data
- Export Excel Data
- Import a Delimited Text File
Lesson 7: Integrating Excel Data with the Web
- Publish a Worksheet to the Web
- Import Data from the Web
- Create a Web Query
Lesson 8: Structuring Workbooks with XML
- Develop XML Maps
- Import and Export XML Data