Microsoft Excel 2010 – Introduction
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor –Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will create and edit basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets and workbooks. Target Student: This course is designed for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets.
Prerequisites: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a basic worksheet by using Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
- Perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- Modify an Excel worksheet.
- Format a worksheet.
- Print the content of an Excel workbook.
- Manage an Excel workbook.
Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Excel Worksheet
- Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Customize the Excel Interface
- Work with Cells
- Enter Data in an Excel Workbook
- Obtain Help in Excel
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations in an Excel Worksheet
- Create Basic Formulas
- Calculate the Cell Values by Using Functions
- Copy Formulas and Functions
Lesson 3: Modifying an Excel Worksheet
- Manipulate Data
- Modify the Worksheet Elements
- Search for Data in a Worksheet
- Modify Rows and Columns
Lesson 4: Formatting an Excel Worksheet
- Modify Fonts
- Check a Worksheet for Spelling Errors
- Apply Number Formatting
- Add Borders and Colors to Cells
- Align the Content in a Cell
- Apply Cell Styles
Lesson 5: Printing Excel Workbooks
- Set the Page Layout Options
- Set Page Breaks
- Print a Workbook
Lesson 6: Managing an Excel Workbook
- Format Worksheet Tabs
- Manage Worksheets
- View Worksheets and Workbooks