Microsoft Excel – VBA (Macros)
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will automate your job tasks in Microsoft® Office Excel®.
Target Student: This course is intended for advanced Microsoft Excel professionals that need to automate Excel spreadsheet tasks using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Prerequisites: Knowledge of the basics of Excel, including how to create, edit, format, and print worksheets that include charts and sorted and filtered data. Students are recommended to first take the following CompuTrain courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® – Introduction
- Microsoft® Office Excel® – Intermediate
- Microsoft® Office Excel® – Advanced
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a macro.
- Format worksheets using macros.
- Create an interactive worksheet.
- Work with multiple worksheets.
- Perform calculations.
Lesson 1: Developing Macros
- Create a Macro Using the Macro Recorder
- Edit a Macro
- Debug a Macro
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar and Hotkeys
- Set Macro Security
Lesson 2: Formatting Worksheets Using Macros
- Insert Text
- Format Text
- Sort Data
- Duplicate Data
- Generate a Report
Lesson 3: Creating an Interactive Worksheet
- Determine the Dialog Box Type
- Capture User Input
Lesson 4: Working with Multiple Worksheets
- Insert, Copy, and Delete Worksheets
- Rename Worksheets
- Modify the Order of Worksheets
- Print Worksheets
Lesson 5: Performing Calculations
- Create User-Defined Functions
- Automate SUM Functions