Microsoft Excel 2016 – Power Pivot
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: We are now living in the age of big data. Data is being collected all the time and for increasingly detailed transactions. This can lead to an overwhelming amount of data, which brings about a need for people who can analyze large amounts of data quickly. Fortunately, Excel provides Power Pivot to help you organize, manipulate, and report on your data in the best way possible. Since a tool is only as good as the person using it, it is important to gain a solid understanding of Power Pivot to maximize your effectiveness when analyzing data.
Target Student: Students taking this course are experienced Excel users who are seeking to advance their data-analysis capabilities by using Power Pivot.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend you first take one of the following CompuTrain courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016 – Introduction
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016 – Intermediate
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Become familiar with the PowerPivot application and import data.
- Manipulate data in a PowerPivot worksheet.
- Create reports using PowerPivot data.
- Use DAX functions in PowerPivot.
- Distribute PowerPivot Data.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Power Pivot
- Enable and Navigate Power Pivot
- Manage Data Relationships
Lesson 2: Visualizing Power Pivot Data
- Create a Power Pivot Report
- Create Calculations in Power Pivot
Lesson 3: Working with Advanced Functionality in Power Pivot
- Create a Key Performance Indicator
- Work with Dates and Time in Power Pivot