Microsoft OneNote 2016/365
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor –Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Overview: In our fast-paced digital world, the need to capture ideas, meeting notes, and to-do items is ever present. Microsoft® OneNote® 2016/365 provides a way for you to efficiently create and collect your notes in an electronic notebook. This course will introduce you to using OneNote notebooks to store a wide variety of content in an organized structure, access the content from anywhere, and also share it with others. Additionally, learning how OneNote and the other applications in the suite are integrated increases your productivity with Microsoft Office.
Target Student: This course is intended for people in a variety of roles and fields who have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office 2016 and want to incorporate digital note-taking and note collaboration by using Microsoft OneNote 2016. In addition to creating and modifying OneNote notebooks, this course will introduce you to inserting images and embedding files into notebooks, categorizing content, sharing content with OneDrive®, and exporting content to other file formats.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should have Windows end-user skills that include starting and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. Previous experience with OneNote is not required; however, having a basic understanding of the Microsoft Office productivity suite would be beneficial. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking either one of the following CompuTrain courses, or any similar course in general Microsoft Windows skills:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Transition from Windows® 7
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate and customize the OneNote interface and environment.
- Add and format text, images, audio, links, and drawing objects to a notebook.
- Embed Excel spreadsheets and attach other files to a notebook.
- Categorize, organize, and search notebook content.
- Check spelling in, print, and password-protect notebooks.
- Use Outlook and OneDrive to send and share notebook content.
- Export notebook content and manage notebook history and backups.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with OneNote
- Navigate the OneNote 2016 Environment
- Use Templates
- Customize the OneNote User Interface
Lesson 2: Adding and Formatting Notebook Content
- Apply Formatting to Notebook Content
- Insert Images and Audio into a Notebook
- Add Quick Notes and Links
- Use Drawing Tools
Lesson 3: Embedding and Attaching Files
- Embed Excel Spreadsheets
- Attach Other File Types
Lesson 4: Organizing and Searching Notebooks
- Use Tags
- Organize and Search Notebooks
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Notebook
- Proof and Print a Notebook
- Configure Password Protection and Notebook Properties
Lesson 6: Managing Notebook Files
- Export Content from OneNote Notebooks
- Back Up and Restore Notebook Content
Lesson 7: Sending and Sharing OneNote Content
- Send OneNote Content in Other Formats
- Share OneNote Content by Using OneDrive