Microsoft Outlook 2010 – Introduction
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will compose and send email, schedule appointments and meetings, manage contact information and tasks, use notes, and create journal entries.
Target Student: This course is intended for people with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows, and who need to learn how to use Microsoft Outlook 2010 to compose and send email, schedule appointments and manage contact information.
Prerequisites: Prospective students should be familiar with using personal computers (basic typing skills are recommended). They should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Familiarize themselves with the Outlook interface.
- Compose email messages by using Outlook.
- Send and receive email messages using Outlook.
- Organize email messages into folders.
- Manage contacts and contact information.
- Schedule appointments using Outlook.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Outlook
- Identify the Components of the Outlook Interface
- Identify the Outlook Ribbon
- Customize the Outlook Environment
- Identify the Tabs and Commands in the Outlook Message Form
- Use Outlook Help
Lesson 2: Composing Messages
- Create an Email Message
- Format a Message
- Check Spelling and Grammar
- Attach a File
- Enhance an Email Message
Lesson 3: Sending and Receiving Messages Using Outlook
- Send an Email Message
- Read an Email Message
- Reply to and Forward an Email Message
- Print an Email Message
- Delete an Email Message
Lesson 4: Organizing Messages
- Manage Email Messages
- Move Email Messages into Folders
- Open and Save an Attachment
Lesson 5: Managing Contacts
- Add a Contact
- Sort Contacts
- Find the Geographical Location of a Contact
- Update Contacts
Lesson 6: Scheduling Appointments
- Explore the Outlook Calendar
- Schedule an Appointment
- Edit Appointments
- Print the Outlook Calendar