Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 – Introduction
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will explore the PowerPoint environment and create a presentation. You will format text on slides to enhance clarity. To enhance the visual appeal, you will add graphical objects to a presentation and modify them. You will also add tables and charts to a presentation to present data in a structured form. You will then finalize a presentation to deliver it.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals needed to create and modify basic presentations by using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with using personal computers, and have used a mouse and keyboard. They should be comfortable with the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, they should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the PowerPoint 2010 interface and familiarize yourself with the interface.
- Create a presentation.
- Format text on slides.
- Add graphical objects to a presentation.
- Modify graphical objects on slides.
- Work with tables in a presentation.
- Import charts to a presentation.
- Prepare to deliver a presentation
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint
- Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- View a Presentation
- Save a Presentation
- Use Microsoft PowerPoint Help
Lesson 2: Creating a Basic Presentation
- Initiate a Presentation
- Enter Text
- Arrange Text
- Format Text Placeholders
- Add Slides to a Presentation
- Arrange Slides
- Work with Themes
Lesson 3: Formatting Text on Slides
- Apply Character Formats
- Format Paragraphs
Lesson 4: Adding Graphical Objects to a Presentation
- Insert Images into a Presentation
- Add Shapes
- Add Visual Styles to Text in a Presentation
Lesson 5: Modifying Graphical Objects in Presentations
- Edit Graphical Objects on a Slide
- Format Graphical Objects on a Slide
- Group Graphical Objects on a Slide
- Arrange Graphical Objects on a Slide
- Apply an Animation Effect to a Graphical Object
Lesson 6: Working with Tables
- Insert a Table in a Slide
- Format Tables
- Import Tables from Other Office Applications
Lesson 7: Working with Charts
- Insert Charts in a Slide
- Modify a Chart
- Import Charts from Other Office Applications
Lesson 8: Preparing to Deliver a Presentation
- Review the Content in a Presentation
- Divide a Presentation into Sections
- Add Transitions
- Add Speaker Notes
- Print a Presentation
- Deliver a Presentation