Microsoft Publisher 2016
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor –Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Overview: Microsoft® Office Publisher 2016 is a desktop publishing software application capable of producing greeting cards, certificates, newsletters, and other printed publications. Publisher includes a large collection of templates that provide a great way to start a new publication. Publisher offers a large selection of “building blocks” that can be dragged into your documents, helping you to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. Publisher integrates online sharing and mail merge features, which are handy when you need to send publications to a list of customers, and it’s possible to export publications as HTML web pages or PDF documents. With a user-friendly interface, Publisher makes it easy to create and edit publications.
Target Student: This course is intended for persons in a variety of job roles such as publishing specialists, layout specialists, graphic designers, or any other knowledge workers who need to use Microsoft Publisher 2016/365 to create, lay out, edit, and share publications.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic Microsoft® Windows® 10 tasks and be comfortable in the Windows 10 environment. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following CompuTrain courses:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform basic tasks in the Microsoft Publisher interface.
- Add content to a publication.
- Format text and paragraphs in a publication.
- Manage text in a publication.
- Work with graphics in a publication.
- Prepare a publication for printing and sharing.
Lesson 1: Creating InfoPath Forms
- Explore the InfoPath 2010 Interface
- Draft a Form
- Add Data Validation Rules
- Test a Form
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Navigate the Interface
- Customize the Publisher Interface
- Create a Publication
Lesson 2: Adding Content to a Publication
- Add Text to a Publication
- Add Pages and Picture Placeholders to a Publication
- Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Apply Building Blocks to a Publication
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs in a Publication
- Format Text
- Format Paragraphs
- Apply Schemes
Lesson 4: Managing Text in a Publication
- Edit Text in a Publication
- Work with Tables
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Lesson 5: Working with Graphics in a Publication
- Insert Graphics in a Publication
- Customize the Appearance of Pictures
Lesson 6: Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Check the Design of a Publication
- Save a Publication in Different Formats
- Print a Publication
- Share a Publication