Microsoft SharePoint 2013
Site Administrator (Owner)
Course Length: 2 Days
Course Format: Instructor–Led and In-Person
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Overview: In this course, you will learn how to create, configure, and manage a SharePoint Team Site so that your team or organization can share information and collaborate effectively. SharePoint content structures and configuration options are complex. Site owners must understand what features, options, and content structures are available in SharePoint, and how to properly configure them. With SharePoint sites, features, and content structures properly implemented, users will be able to securely share files, collaborate on documents, and access information they need to work with their colleagues more effectively.
Target Student: This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who will create and manage a SharePoint site.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, the following CompuTrain courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended:
- SharePoint 2013 – Site Member
- Any or all of the courses in the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 curriculum.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create and configure new SharePoint sites.
- Add document, asset, and wiki page libraries to sites and configure them.
- Add and configure announcement, task, calendar, contacts, and custom lists.
- Create and implement custom forms.
- Configures Site Settings, site search, and site navigation.
- Assign permissions and access rights to sites, users, and lists and documents.
- Configure content roll-up, and finalize site configuration.
Lesson 1: Creating a New Site
- Create a Site
- Change the Look and Feel of Your SharePoint Site
Lesson 2: Adding and Configuring Libraries
- Configure Document Library for Your SharePoint Team Site
- Configure the Site Assets Library for Your SharePoint Site
- Add and Configure a Wiki for Your SharePoint Site
Lesson 3: Adding and Configuring Lists
- Add an Announcement List
- Add and Configure a Task List
- Add and Configure Contact and Calendar Lists
- Add and Configure a Blog Subsite
- Add and Configure a Custom List to your SharePoint Site
- Customize List Forms
Lesson 4: Configuring Site Settings, Navigation, and Search
- Configure Site Search Options
- Configure Site Administration Settings
- Configure Site Organization and Navigation
Lesson 5: Assigning Permissions and Access Rights
- Sharing Sites and Setting Site Permissions
- Secure Lists, Libraries, and Documents
Lesson 6: Configure Content Roll-up, Summary Links, and Site Map
- Add and Configure the Content Search Web Part
- Add and Configure the Relevant Documents Web Part
Appendix A: Microsoft Office SharePoint 2013 Exam 77-425