Microsoft Word 2010 – Introduction
Course Length: 1 Day
Course Format: Instructor–Led
Course Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Course Objective: You will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft® Office Word 2010.
Target Student: This course is intended for individuals who want to gain basic knowledge of working with Word.
Prerequisites: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a basic Word document.
- Edit a document.
- Format text.
- Format paragraphs.
- Insert a table.
- Insert special characters and graphical objects.
- Control the page setup and appearance of a Word document.
- Proofread documents for accuracy.
Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Word Document
- Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Customize the Word Environment
- Enter Text in a Document
- Save a Document
- Open a Document in Different View Modes
- Print a Document
- Obtain Help in Word
Lesson 2: Editing a Word Document
- Navigate Through a Document and Select Text
- Modify Text
- Undo Text Changes
- Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text in a Word Document
- Change Font Styles
- Highlight Text in a Document
Lesson 4: Formatting Paragraphs in a Word Document
- Set Tabs to Align Text
- Modify the Layout of a Paragraph
- Create Lists
- Apply Borders and Shading
- Apply Styles
- Manage Formatting
Lesson 5: Inserting Tables in a Word Document
- Create a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Special Characters and Graphical Objects
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Insert Illustrations in a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling the Appearance of the Pages in a Word Document
- Control the Layout of a Page
- Apply a Page Border and Color
- Add Watermarks
- Add Headers and Footers
Lesson 8: Proofreading a Word Document
- Check Spelling and Grammar
- Use the Thesaurus